he all-new SM5 helmet is the result of more than five years of
intensive study, development and testing. We scrutinized every possible
aspect to engineer a helmet that is safe and thoughtfully designed to
deliver optimal protection and comfort. This lightweight helmet features
a thermo-injected shell incorporating a special polymer blend enhanced
by varying degrees of thickness that is engineered to deliver the
optimal combination of impact protection and lightweight, while the five
density EPS liner ensures the correct density in the correct area for
enhanced impact absorption. Other key design features include an
engineered raised area with padding to effectively reduce the forces
transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that
ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of
force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
- The lightweight outer shell is constructed from a technologically advanced impact-resistant thermoplastic in two sizes.
- The inner and outer surfaces are engineered to minimize the effects of oblique impacts.
- Multiple density inner liner to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
visor release system ensures the visor is released with the correct
pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
- Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat transfer exchange thanks to multi-air inlets and exhaust ports.
- The visor has been designed to direct air into the ports for enhanced airflow.
- A size Medium weighs 1260g (ECE) 1370g (DOT).
- The SM5 helmet conforms to both DOT certification and ECE homologation for use worldwide.
- Side shell couple with soft EPS foam prevents damage to collarbone in the event of a crash.
release system and removable cheek pads permit the safe and easy
removal of the cheek pads while the helmet is still on, while the 3D
contoured foam ensures rider comfort.
- Removable comfort liner
with Silverplus® treated anti-bacterial fabrics for excellent moisture
wicking, effectively drawing perspiration away from the skin.
- Anti-microbial liner is removable and washable.
- Hydration tube channels are integrated into the helmet’s cheek pads for convenience and performance.
- Soft textile chin strap is 26mm and is wider than certification requirements for optimal safety and rider comfort.
- Stainless steel D-rings to ensure a tight and secure fit.